Home » Developer & Programmer » Forms » To save files in PC from forms in WEB mode in unix server
To save files in PC from forms in WEB mode in unix server [message #86980] Thu, 25 November 2004 22:21 Go to next message
Mjose
Hello,

I have a problem with the generation of files in local mode (PC)  with  Oracle Forms (v6) at WEB;

I have got a file generated in local (PC) when our forms were in client mode. We have changed to WEB mode and then, the file is generated at the unix server, but I want to generate it at local (PC). How can I do it?

Thank you for your help

Re: To save files in PC from forms in WEB mode in unix server [message #86988 is a reply to message #86980] Fri, 26 November 2004 13:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi!
Not with ease in 9i or later! (sorry for the bad news!)

it is a little simpler if you have the AppServer running on the same box as the database, but only slightly.

You need to look at WEBUTIL (CLIENT_TEXT_IO) but there are some issues with performace.

Oracle seem to have removed all Client side funtions from 9i onwards - so getting files back onto the client is not simple.

Do you need the files on the Client, or can they be stored/retreived from the actual database?
Re: To save files in PC from forms in WEB mode in unix server [message #87013 is a reply to message #86988] Sun, 28 November 2004 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mjose
Thanks for your help!
The files can be stored at the actual database, but I don’t know how to retrieve it from the client side. Can you help me?

Thanks!
Re: To save files in PC from forms in WEB mode in unix server [message #87168 is a reply to message #86980] Sat, 11 December 2004 09:46 Go to previous message
sameer_am2002
You need to use javabeans for this.Coz you do not have direct access to the client resources for security reasons when forms running on the web.There are samples given for this.Check out this link it may help you http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/products/forms/6idemos.html.
Previous Topic: Please Help
Next Topic: Labels are disappearing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 03:48:03 CDT 2024